Are you tired of spending a fortune on car insurance? Experian’s auto insurance comparison tool makes it easier to find suitable coverage with insurance premiums that work for your budget. Using this free tool is easy, and Experian does the legwork for you. On average, users save $961 on car insurance. Plus, you’ll also get access to a host of other tools to help maximize your credit health.
Experian is a credit reporting company that provides access to free credit reports and FICO credit scores. It offers an assortment of other solutions to consumers, including security freezes, fraud alerts and an online dispute dashboard. There are also free tools to help boost your Experian FICO credit score instantly or build credit from scratch. And you can view articles related to credit reports, credit scores, establishing credit, improving credit and a host of other personal finance topics from the extensive content library.
If you’re a small business owner, Experian has an assortment of resources for you as well. These include business credit profiles and scores, tenant screening services and debt collection tools. Or you can use the feature that lets you create a targeting direct mail campaign in business to attract new customers. Plus, there are resources in the content library for companies of all sizes as well.
What is Experian Auto Insurance?
Experian Auto Insurance is an online comparison tool. It lets you shop around for auto insurance coverage and compare rates to find the best deal. You can use this tool free of charge, and Experian provides assistance when you’re ready to make the switch.
Experian Insurance Services operates as an online insurance agent and broker. It’s licensed in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
How Does Experian Auto Insurance Work?
You’ll need to create a free Experian account to access this feature. Once you’ve done so, here’s a step-by-step breakdown of how to use the tool:
Get Matched with New Policies
Navigate to the Experian Auto Insurance tool after logging in to the dashboard. Answer a few basic questions about your current insurance policy. Experian will analyze your inputs to compile a series of customized quotes.
Choose the One You Want
Compare the rate quotes to determine which best suits your financial situation and coverage needs. They’re from some of the best insurance carriers in the industry, so you can rest assured that you’ll be in good hands.
Let Experian Do the Rest
Once you’ve selected the best option, Experian will help you switch insurance providers. If you’re owed a refund from your current policy, Experian will also help with that. The goal is to make the process as seamless as possible for you.
Why Choose Experian Auto Insurance?
There are many reasons why using Experian Auto Insurance could be worthwhile for you:
Get Insurance Rates from More Than 40 Top Insurers
Experian’s network of insurance partners features over 40 of the top auto insurance providers in the nation. These include Progressive, Travelers, Nationwide, Clearcover, Kemper and Safeco.
You won’t have to pay a fee or put a credit card on file to use this service. Instead, you can access it and check your car insurance rate in minutes by creating a free Experian account.
As mentioned above, the average user saves $961 on auto insurance coverage. Even better, you could be eligible for a partial refund from your current provider if you switch to a more affordable plan with another insurance company.
Easily Switch Your Coverage
Experian handles all the documentation, so you won’t have to. This includes reaching out to your current car insurance provider to cancel your policy, requesting a partial refund (if available) and ensuring the transition to the new provider is seamless.
Instead of spending hours conducting independent research or contacting several auto insurance companies for quotes, Experian will do the legwork for you. Plus, it takes just a fraction of the time – you can get and compare an assortment of auto insurance quotes from reputable providers in minutes.
Peace of Mind
You can use the tool with confidence, knowing Experian goes the extra mile to protect your information. Furthermore, you’ll be doing business with a reputable provider that understands your unique coverage needs and aims to provide you with an affordable auto insurance policy.
How Much Does Experian Auto Insurance Cost?
It’s free to access the Experian Auto Insurance tool. Simply enter your mobile phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number to get started. If you already have an Experian CreditWorks Basic account, log in to view better auto insurance rates that may be available to you. Otherwise, you’ll need to create an online profile.
What Makes Experian Auto Insurance Different?
Experian Auto Insurance simplifies the process of finding the best deal on auto insurance. You can access competitor quotes in minutes, and there’s no obligation to switch providers. But if you decide to go with another form of coverage, Experian does all the hard work for you.
Here’s what to expect when you use the free tool:
- Step 1: Provide a copy of the declarations page for your current policy along with the make and model of the vehicle you’re looking to insure. Experian will also need to know about the drivers you need coverage for, your driving history and any additional information that could make you eligible for discounted premiums. Refer to your policy documents if you need assistance finding this information. It can generally be retrieved by logging in to your current auto insurance provider’s dashboard.
- Step 2: Experian will shop your information around to over 40 top insurers in its partner network. If you qualify for a more affordable policy for comparable coverage, you’ll receive the applicable rate quotes. (Note: Most users receive quotes in just minutes. However, it could take up to 48 hours to view your results if Experian needs to confirm some of your entries manually).
- Step 3: If you find an insurance quote that works for you, Experian will gather any other data needed to make the switch. This typically includes additional data about your vehicle and the drivers that will be listed on the policy.
- Step 4: Experian takes care of the switch in this step. It involves opening your new policy with the provider you select, submitting a cancellation request with your current provider to cancel your previous policy and requesting a partial refund for the portion of unused coverage (if applicable).
Is Experian Auto Insurance Worth It?
As mentioned above, when you use Experian Auto Insurance, your information is presented to more than 40 top auto insurers to find the most competitive quotes available to you. There’s no cost to use this tool, and you aren’t obligated to switch providers or policies.
So, it’s well worth a try to ensure you get the best deal on auto insurance coverage. Even if you don’t find a more suitable product than you currently have, you’ll get access to a plethora of useful resources to help keep tabs on your credit and overall financial health.
Give Experian Auto Insurance a test drive today. You could be overpaying for auto insurance, and you can view and compare quotes to find better rates in just minutes. Visit the website and sign up for a free account today.
Beyond the tool’s simplicity, you’ll also get access to an assortment of perks when you sign up for a free Experian CreditWorks Basic account. They include:
- Credit report monitoring: Your Experian credit report is monitored for new credit inquiries, new accounts, account balance changes, credit utilization, positive activity and dormant accounts. Members receive real-time alerts when any of these changes occur in their credit file.
- Credit report and FICO score updates: Get monthly Experian credit report and FICO score updates. You can also view valuable insights on what’s impacting your credit score and ways to improve your overall credit health.
- FICO score tracking: Keep tabs on your credit score as it changes over time.
- FICO Score alerts: Receive real-time alerts each time your credit score changes.
- Experian Boost: This feature uses alternative credit data to potentially help improve your Experian credit score instantly. It uses payments from eligible rent, utilities and video streaming services to providers like AT&T, Hulu, Netflix, Spectrum, Verizon and Disney+ to boost your credit scores, and there is no impact for late or missed payments.
- Experian Go: If you have a limited credit history or need to build credit from scratch, Experian Go can lend a helping hand. It simplifies the process by providing guidance and insights on the most effective ways to establish a solid credit foundation and maintain a healthy credit rating over time. These resources are valuable and designed to be used for educational purposes.
You can also use Experian to view your latest Experian credit report and FICO Score without having to put a credit card on file.
If you’d prefer to access even more features Experian offers, it’s a good idea to consider a CreditWorks Premium account. It’s only $24.99 per month after the 7-day trial period. It features all the benefits of CreditWorks Basic along with three-bureau (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax) credit report monitoring, daily Experian credit report and FICO score updates, and monthly three-bureau credit report and FICO score updates. You’ll also get access to industry-specific FICO scores, which are used in the auto lending, credit card and mortgage industry.
The Experian CreditWorks Premium membership also includes the following:
- Experian CreditLock: This tool lets you lock and unlock your Experian credit file whenever you see fit. You’ll also receive real-time alerts whenever someone tries to access your credit file.
- Identity theft monitoring and protection: Subscribers also get identity theft monitoring, alerts and dark web surveillance. Plus, you’ll have access to a fraud resolution specialist based in the U.S. if your identity is compromised. And this plan includes lost wallet assistance and identity theft insurance of up to $1,000,000.
Consider this comprehensive option if you want to experience even more valuable tools and resources from Experian.