Experian is a credit reporting company that allows you to access your FICO® Score (based on the FICO Score 8 model) and free Experian credit report, actively improve your score using Experian Boost™, protect yourself from identity theft, get real-time alerts, and much more. With the power of data, Experian also creates opportunities for you to discover financial products tailored for you and keep track of your credit score for a better financial future.
Consumers can enroll in a CreditWorksSM Basic or CreditWorksSM Premium plan to stay on top of their credit health – the latter also allows you to view your TransUnion and Equifax credit reports and scores. In addition, IdentityWorksSM Plus and IdenityWorksSM Premium memberships offer even more protection and help shield your name, address, Social Security number, other personal data, debit and credit card numbers, and bank account information from fraudsters. These plans also help prevent unauthorized credit activity.
You can also take advantage of Experian CreditMatch to remove the guesswork that comes with finding the best options for a credit card, loan and auto insurance products. Instead of spending hours researching options on your own, Experian will do the legwork for you and make recommendations based on the creditors and auto insurance providers who are most likely to approve you for a credit card, loan or do business with you.
Beyond its impressive suite of offerings for individuals, Experian also features solutions for small businesses. For example, companies can view their business credit reports and scores, and access a host of resources, including articles and case studies.
You can get started with Experian for free. However, some membership plans come with a small monthly fee.
Experian’s Commitment to You
For the last 125 years, Experian has been helping people prosper financially, economies and communities flourish, and they keep going to this day.
From buying your home or car to sending your children to college or growing your business exponentially, Experian empowers you to manage your data with confidence to maximize financial opportunities.
Their ultimate goal is to help you take financial control, access financial services, and make more intelligent decisions to succeed in your business. They also want to assist lenders in lending more responsibly and prevent identity fraud and crime for everyone.
What Can Experian Do For You?
Experian offers credit reporting and credit score monitoring services for both consumers and businesses.
As a consumer, these are the primary services they can offer you:
- Free Credit Report and Score: By signing up for Experian CreditWorks Basic, you can access your score and report and a set of free tools, like Experian Boost, to help you keep track and improve your credit score and prevent identity theft. You can also stay up to date on what’s happening with your credit accounts and be alerted right away at any time that negative information, like late payments or public records, appears in your Experian credit file. If you want more out of your account, you can sign up for CreditWorks Premium paid plan to unlock extra features, like identity theft protection and insurance.
- Experian Boost: Improve your credit score by adding positive payments from eligible utility bills, cell phone payments and streaming service providers to your credit history automatically. Once set up, the system does everything for you, and it is free to use.
- One-Time Credit Report: You can quickly pay to access your credit reports and score from one or three credit reporting bureaus once.
- Experian CreditMatch: Get matched with credit cards, loans, and other financial products from Experian’s partners based on your credit.
- Experian IdentityWorks: Access extra identity theft protection features, such as locking and unlocking your Experian credit report, real-time notifications if someone uses your details to apply for credit or up to $1M in identity theft insurance.
Experian also helps small businesses and larger companies access their business credit reports, access business loans, or target new customers.
Experian Customer Success Stories
Experian helps consumers, businesses, and lenders make better financial decisions. With credit report data and credit repair educational services, customers can thrive with Experian. Check out their success stories.
Intuit is a financial software company that uses Experian services to mitigate risk and prevent fraud. With credit reports, ID verification tools, and customer service, Intuit can withhold its company values while helping the shareholders reduce losses.
Contract Callers needed a better way to get accurate information about consumers while remaining compliant in the debt collection industry. With a combination of Experian services, they have found higher contact and success rates.
COVID-19 Pandemic Contribution
Experian partnered with the NAACP to create a grant to help homeowners receive mortgage assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, Tanya, a Home Preservation Grant recipient, was able to keep her home and get her financial standing back on track with the help of Experian.