Terms Of Service
Last updated November 19, 2017
Thanks for using the Banks.com services (including its website and web-based applications, and any other tools, products, or services provided by Banks.com that link to or reference these Terms) (collectively, the “Services”). The Services are provided by Simply FinTech (“Simply FinTech”, “we,” “our,” or “us”), located at PO
Box 1436, Hermosa Beach. California, 90254, U.S.A.
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service (“Terms”). Please read them carefully. Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. If additional terms or conditions are available with or applicable to the relevant Services, then those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. By accessing or using the Services, you intend and agree to be legally bound by these Terms. You may wish to print or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY AND THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM VARIOUS CLAIMS IN SECTION 8 BELOW. THESE TERMS ALSO CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 13 THAT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES.
- Using our Services
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE ARE NOT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OR A PROVIDER OF FINANCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. We do not provide the financial products or services described on Banks.com. Instead, Banks.com acts as a venue to allow third-party providers of financial products and services, such as financial institutions, credit card providers, mortgage brokers, insurance brokers, lenders, and other third parties who are customers of Banks.com (such as marketing partners and finders working on behalf of third-party providers of financial products and services) (each, a “Service Provider”) to offer financial products and services to you and other potential consumers (each, a “Consumer”) in a variety of formats. We are not involved in the actual transaction between any Consumer and any Service Provider, even though we may, through Banks.com, and with each Consumer’s authorization, collect certain information submitted through Banks.com about a Consumer (collectively, a “Lead”), and sell such Lead to a Service Provider. As a result, the quality, safety, or legality of the financial products and services offered by a Service Provider, the ability of a Service Provider to offer, sell, or deliver such products or services, or the ability of Consumers to pay for the products or services offered are solely the responsibility of each Service Provider and Consumer, and not Simply FinTech. We are an independent contractor for all business purposes. We are not responsible in any way for the conduct of any Service Provider or Consumer. Although Simply FinTech is compensated by Service Providers when we provide Leads or display advertisements or other content promoting their products or services, we do not endorse or recommend any Service Provider, or any products or services offered by any Service Provider. We do not provide financial, tax, legal, or any other advice. We do not guarantee that any of the Service Providers to whom we forward a Consumer’s information will contact such Consumer or agree to provide the Consumer with the desired or requested financial products or services. If you are a Consumer and you would like personal financial advice, please consult with a financial advisor or other qualified professional.
In order to provide certain financial products and services, or to help to verify your identity, Service Providers may obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who inquires about financial products or services from them. For example, Service Providers may ask for your name, Social Security Number, driver’s license number, address, date of birth, or other important information that will allow proper identification of you, both internally and with the assistance of unaffiliated third parties or credit bureaus through a credit check(s). By submitting such information on Banks.com, you authorize us to provide such information to Service Providers in order to help you complete your request (including providing you with information about other products or services in which you have expressed an interest), and to enable the Service Providers to provide products and services to you. A non-exhaustive list of Service Providers to whom your submission may be transmitted is available here. You can learn more about how credit checks can affect your credit score at myfico.com.
The financial products and services provided or advertised on and through Banks.com may not be available in all states, and the availability of such products and services on and through Banks.com may change from time to time and without notice. The data and other information you may provide through Banks.com is not, and is not treated as, an application for, or a request to be pre-approved, pre-qualified, or any similar concept for, any financial products or services. Likewise, Simply FinTech does not guarantee that the terms, rates, or pricing for the products or services made available by the Service Providers through Banks.com are the best terms or lowest pricing or rates available in the market.
Further, you must also follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services, try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, or extensively or automatically copy any content from the Services (in other words, no scraping). You may use our Services only for your personal non-commercial use, and as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies, if we are investigating suspected misconduct, or for any other reason.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access through them (“Content”). You may not use Content, except as permitted in these Terms, by its owner, or as otherwise permitted by law. These Terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services, including the Banks.com and/or Simply FinTech names and logos. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our Services display some Content that is not our own. For example, Content belonging to our Service Providers, advertisers, affiliates, other third parties, you, or other users (collectively, “Third Party Content”). We are not responsible for, and you waive all of our liability with respect to, Third Party Content. Third Party Content is the sole responsibility of the individual or entity that makes it available to you via the Services. We may review Third Party Content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display Third Party Content that we believe violates our policies or the law. But we do not generally review content beforehand, and we are not obligated to do so.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of our marketing emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in marketing e-mails. Please be aware that there may be a brief period before we are able to process your opt-out.
Banks.com is available on mobile devices, which may cause you to incur data charges with your wireless provider. Please be aware that we have no control over these charges, and if you do not wish to be charged, you should stop using Banks.com on your mobile device.
- Your Banks.com Account
You may need an account in order to use the Services. If you create your own account, you agree that all registration information you give us will be accurate and current. You will timely notify us of any changes to any of the foregoing information. You are responsible for controlling access to any PCs, mobile devices, or other end points that you allow to store your Services password, or on which you enable a “Remember Me” or similar functionality (“Activated Device”). Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Services accounts, including the activities of any individual with whom you share your Services account or an Activated Device, as discussed further below.
To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your account. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password, please contact us at email@example.com.
User verification on the Internet is difficult, and we cannot and do not confirm each user’s purported identity. We encourage you to use appropriate caution with anyone with whom you may be doing business via Banks.com or the Internet, generally. When you give someone your online ID and online password, you are authorizing that person to access and use your account, and you are responsible for any and all transactions that person performs while using your account, even those transactions that are fraudulent or that you did not intend or want performed. EACH USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT: (i) NEITHER SIMPLY FINTECH NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO ANY USER FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION MADE USING ANY USER’S ONLINE ID AND PASSWORD THAT OCCURS BEFORE SUCH USER HAS NOTIFIED US OF POSSIBLE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF SUCH ONLINE ID AND PASSWORD AND WE HAVE HAD A REASONABLE OPPORTUNITY TO ACT ON THAT NOTICE; AND (ii) THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ONLINE ID AND PASSWORD COULD CAUSE YOU TO INCUR LIABILITY TO BOTH SIMPLY FINTECH, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND OTHER USERS. Further, we may suspend or cancel your account or your access to Banks.com at any time with or without notice if we suspect that your account and/or password is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner.
- Privacy and Feedback
If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, you agree that we may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you.
- Content You Submit or Share
You may submit and share text and other content to or through the Services (such as reviews you write and comments you post on Banks.com) (“Your Content”), and in doing so you must follow these Terms and the rules and policies referenced in these Terms.
When you upload, submit, or otherwise share Your Content to or through our Services, you give us (and those we work with) a royalty-free, worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that Your Content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute Your Content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
We may publicly display Your Content on the Services (including through third-party software applications that enable you to post comments or reviews on Banks.com). You may request that we delete any of Your Content that you submit to the Services by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent within our control we’ll remove Your Content from public display on Banks.com and mark it for future deletion if permitted by applicable law; however, it may persist in backup or residual copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to other users through the Services). For purposes of clarification, once you submit or share Your Content with others via the Services (e.g., other users or third parties), we no longer have control over those portions of Your Content and will not be able to delete it or prevent them from using it.
You agree that you will not use the Services to:
- Violate law or a third-party’s rights;
- Submit excessive or unsolicited commercial messages or spam any users;
- Submit malicious content or viruses;
- Solicit other people’s login information, credit card numbers, or other sensitive information;
- Harass or bully other users; or
- Post content that is hate speech, threatening or pornographic, that incites violence or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require our users and customers to do so. If you are a copyright owner or its agent and believe that any content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent (the “Designated Agent”) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party (the “Notifying Party”), including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the Notifying Party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the Notifying Party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in a notice of copyright infringement may be forwarded to the user who posted the allegedly infringing content. After removing material in response to a valid DMCA notice, we will notify the user responsible for the allegedly infringing material that we have removed or disabled access to the material. We will terminate, under appropriate circumstances, users who are repeat copyright infringers, and we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate any user for actual or apparent copyright infringement.
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with us by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If we do not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to the Services.
The contact information for our Designated Agent is:
Attention: Copyright Agent
Box 1436, Hermosa Beach. California, 90254, U.S.A. | Email: email@example.com
If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights other than copyrights have been infringed, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to suspend or terminate any user who infringes the intellectual property rights of Simply FinTech or others, and/or to remove, delete, edit or disable access to such person’s content. You agree that we have no liability for any action taken under this section.
- About Software in our Services
The Services may enable you to access software running on our (or our vendors’) servers (collectively, “Software”). You agree that we retain the ownership of all rights, title, and interest in and to the Software.
Simply FinTech gives you a personal, non-commercial, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use the Software to access the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by us, in the manner permitted by these Terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or Software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Services or Software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
There may be software programs contained within certain Software that have been licensed to us by third parties. The term “Software” as used herein shall refer to this third-party software except where the term “Software” is used in the context of our ownership. The same terms and conditions, including all limitations and restrictions, set forth in these Terms apply to each third-party software program contained in the Software. You acknowledge and agree that any third-party components are owned by their applicable licensors. We do not make any representations or warranties about the operation or availability of such third-party software. Neither we, nor our licensors, shall be liable for any unavailability or removal of such third-party software. We are not responsible for any communications to or from such licensors, or for the collection or use of information by such licensors. You consent to the communications enabled and/or performed by such third-party software, including automatic updating of the third-party software without further notice. You agree that such third-party software licensors are intended third-party beneficiaries under these Terms.
- Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether, at any time, without any notice or liability.
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. We may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services, at any time.
Sections 8 – 13 will survive termination or expiration of these Terms indefinitely.
- Our Warranties and Disclaimers
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, NEITHER SIMPLY FINTECH NOR ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE ALSO DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR COMMITMENT RELATING TO NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OPERATIONS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS-IS.”
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES.
YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS HEREBY FOREVER IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND THEIR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ITS AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY FOR, ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, OBLIGATIONS, SUITS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, EXPENSES, AND DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY WHETHER EXISTING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR OR A THIRD PARTY’S CONDUCT RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FOREGOING SENTENCE RELEASES AND DISCHARGES ALL LIABILITIES, WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE CURRENTLY KNOWN TO YOU, AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542. YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND THIS WAIVER, YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ARISING FROM YET UNKNOWN CLAIMS.
- Liability for our Services
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, SIMPLY FINTECH (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SIMPLY FINTECH (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND OUR LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLY YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES RELATING TO PROVIDING YOU THE SERVICES, SIMPLY FINTECH (AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) AND ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR THAT IS DUE TO EVENTS OUTSIDE OF OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, SUCH AS WARS, CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES, STORMS, NATURAL DISASTERS, ACTS OF GOVERNMENT, SUPPLY INTERRUPTIONS, OR TELECOMMUNICATION OR INTERNET FAILURES.
- Business/Employer Uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business or employer, you are accepting these Terms on their behalf, and that business or employer agrees to be bound by these Terms.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Simply FinTech, its affiliated companies, and its and their predecessors, successors, and assigns, and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and contractors from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees), resulting from or arising out of your actual or alleged breach of these Terms, any content you provide through the Services, or your use or misuse of the Services. However, you will not be responsible for claims, damages, and costs which are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to have arisen solely from our violation of applicable law.
- About these Terms
We may modify these Terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service for any reason, for example, to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the Terms regularly and the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Terms. We’ll use reasonable efforts to give you notice of these modifications, such as posting notice of modifications to these Terms on this web page, through the Services, or via email. By continuing to use the Services after we make these modifications, you agree that you will be subject to the modified Terms. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these Terms and any additional terms for a Service, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These Terms control the relationship between Simply FinTech and you. They do not create any third-party beneficiary rights (except as set forth in Section 6). If you do not comply with these Terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future). If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of the United States and the State of Delaware, excluding Delaware’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services.
You may not assign or delegate your rights or obligations relating to these terms or your account for the Services without our prior written consent. We may assign these terms or assign or delegate any of our rights or obligations at any time.
For information about how to contact Simply FinTech, please visit our contact page.
- Binding Arbitration
Without limiting your waiver and release in Section 8, you agree to the following:
- Purpose. Any and all Disputes (as defined below) involving you and Simply FinTech will be resolved through individual arbitration. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and there is less discovery and appellate review than in court. This Section 13 (the “Arbitration Provision”) shall be broadly interpreted. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, this Section 13 does not apply to an action by either party to enjoin the infringement or misuse of its intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret rights.
- Definitions. The term “Dispute” means any claim or controversy related to the Services or the Software, including but not limited to any and all: (1) claims for relief and theories of liability, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, negligence, statute, regulation, ordinance, or otherwise; (2) claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement; (3) claims that arise after the expiration or termination of these Terms; and (4) claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class. As used in this Arbitration Provision, “Simply FinTech” means Simply FinTech and any of its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, and “you” means you and any users or beneficiaries of your access to the Services or the Software.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. The party initiating the arbitration proceeding may open a case with JAMS, formerly Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., (“JAMS”) by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). You may deliver any required or desired notice to Simply FinTech by mail to PO
Box 1436, Hermosa Beach. California, 90254, U.S.A.
- Right to Sue in Small Claims Court.Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, either you or Simply FinTech may bring an individual action in a small claims court in the area where you access the Services if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.
- Arbitration Procedures. This Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. Arbitrations shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”) as modified by the version of this Arbitration Provision that is in effect when you notify Simply FinTech about your Dispute. You can obtain the JAMS Rules from the JAMS by visiting its website (www.jamsadr.com) or calling its toll-free number (1-800-352-5267). If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the rest of these Terms, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If there is a conflict between this Arbitration Provision and the JAMS rules, this Arbitration Provision shall govern. If JAMS will not administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written, the parties shall agree on a substitute arbitration organization. If the parties cannot agree, the parties shall mutually petition a court of appropriate jurisdiction to appoint an arbitration organization that will administer a proceeding under this Arbitration Provision as written applying the JAMS Rules. A single arbitrator will resolve the Dispute. Unless you and Simply FinTech agree otherwise, any arbitration hearing will take place in Orange County, California. The arbitrator will honor claims of privilege recognized by law and will take reasonable steps to protect customer account information and other confidential or proprietary information. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision that explains the arbitrator’s essential findings and conclusions. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties only if necessary for purposes of enforcing the arbitrator’s award. An arbitrator’s award that has been fully satisfied shall not be entered in any court.
- Waiver of Class Actions and Collective Relief. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON A CLASS ACTION, JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS OR ON BASES INVOLVING CLAIMS BROUGHT IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (SUCH AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL), OTHER SUBSCRIBERS, OR OTHER PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF WARRANTED BY THAT INDIVIDUAL PARTY’S CLAIM. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. If your claim seeks more than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If your claims seek less than $75,000 in the aggregate, the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs will be Simply FinTech’s responsibility. However, if the arbitrator finds that your Dispute was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), the payment of the JAMS’s fees and costs shall be governed by the JAMS Rules and you shall reimburse Simply FinTech for all fees and costs that were your obligation to pay under the JAMS Rules. You may hire an attorney to represent you in arbitration. You are responsible for your attorneys’ fees and additional costs and may only recover your attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration to the extent that you could in court if the arbitration is decided in your favor. Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, Simply FinTech will pay all fees and costs that it is required by law to pay.
- Severability and Waiver of Jury Trial. If any part of subsection (f) of this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the entire Arbitration provision will be unenforceable and the Dispute will be decided by a court. WHETHER IN COURT OR IN ARBITRATION, YOU AND SIMPLY FINTECH AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. If any other clause in this Arbitration Provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Provision and the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be given full force and effect.
- Continuation. This Arbitration Provision will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms.