You’ve turned a new leaf and want to build a better future for yourself, starting with your finances. Look no further than the Current app, an innovative solution that provides you with the tools and resources to effectively manage your resources, make smarter financial decisions and achieve money goals.
What Is Current?
Current is a financial technology company that offers banking services through Choice Financial Group, Member FDIC. You can sign up to get access to a Visa debit card that easily syncs with your existing bank account, and a mobile app that features an assortment of tools and resources to help you level up your finances.
Members can also get faster access to direct deposits1, overdraft protection without overdraft fees (up to $2002), ATM withdrawals, generous cash back rewards, up to 4.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)3 in returns on their money and more.
A New Generation of Banking Apps
What Is the Current Banking App?
The Current mobile banking app makes it easy to manage your money while on the go and tap into all the perks the platform has to offer. It’s offered in the AppStore and Google Play Store, and you can sign up in two minutes or less.
It’s currently available to individuals in the U.S., and you can choose from Current Spend Accounts: Basic or Premium. Below is a breakdown of each:
- Basic Account (no monthly fee): includes a Basic White card with a secured chip, spending insights, direct deposit, real-time purchase alerts and a Savings Pod that earns 4.00% APY and pays daily on up to $2,000, fee-free ATM withdrawals at Allpoint ATMs in the US4, instant money transfers, mobile direct deposit, and points for cash back from purchases with over 14,000 participating merchants
- Premium Account: ($4.99 per month following the free 30-day trial period): includes all the benefits of a Basic Account membership plus a debit card with tap-to-pay capabilities, early direct deposit up to 2 days faster1, three Savings Pods, overdraft protection (capped at $2002) without overdraft fees, and the instant release of authorization holds placed by gas stations
How Does the Current Banking App Work?
Here’s how to get started with the Current banking app:
- Step 1: Download the Current mobile app on your device.
- Step 2: Select “Get Started” and input your mobile phone number and verification code that you receive by text when prompted to confirm that it’s you.
- Step 3: Enter the requested identifying information, including your first and last name, date of birth, Social Security number, physical address and email address.
- Step 4: Choose your desired account type.
- Step 5: Confirm your mailing address.
- Step 6: Activate your virtual card if you want to use it before your debit card arrives in the mail.
- Step 7: Enter your banking information if you’d like to set up a direct deposit. Otherwise, you can skip this step.
- Step 8: Fund your new Current account from another source. You can also skip this step and come back at a later time.
- Step 9: Manage your account through the user-friendly dashboard.
A New Generation of Banking Apps
What Are the Best Features of the Current App?
Here are some of the key features the Current App has to offer:
- Mobile banking: With Current, you’ll never pay hidden fees or minimum balance fees4. Plus, you can initiate instant money transfers to other Current members by using your Current ~tag without any transfer fees4.
- Early direct deposit: Do you earn $500 or more per month and want to get paid sooner? Current lets you access your paycheck two days sooner when you sign up for a Premium Account and enroll in direct deposit1.
- Overdrive overdraft protection: You can overdraw your account up to $2002 without incurring overdraft fees with Current’s Overdrive feature. It’s available to Premium Account holders.
- Generous cash back rewards: Earn up to 15 points for every dollar you spend using the Current debit card5. There are over 14,000 participating merchants nationwide. You can opt to convert your points to cash or get an item from the Current Shop.
- Sizable APY earnings: Current’s accounts feature Savings Pods that let you earn 4.00% APY3 on your money and pays daily on up to $2,000 in savings for Basic Account holders and $6,000 in savings for Premium Account holders. And there are no restrictions on transfers as you can move money in and out of your Savings Pods whenever you see fit.
- Fee-free ATMs: Access your cash at over 40,000 Allpoint ATMs throughout the U.S. any time of the day or night. There are no ATM fees4, and you can quickly find locations near you inside the Current mobile app.
- Instant gas-hold removals: If you’re a Premium member, you’ll get gas holds removed right away when you pay at the pump.
- FDIC Insured: The funds held in Current accounts are insured by up to $250,000.
Ready to take your banking experience to the next level and make your money work harder for you? Download the Current mobile app today on your Android or iOS device.