Current offers a bank account, debit card and mobile app designed to fulfil the needs of modern life. Offering benefits like getting paid faster, cashback and points rewards, free ATMs and overdraft, no hidden fees or banking for teenagers, Current focuses on creating a better financial outcome for people and their individual lives.
Current: Banking For Modern Life
CEO Stuart Sopp founded Current to bring accessible banking services to everyone. He wanted to improve people’s financial futures by offering affordable premium financial services using the latest technology.
The Current custom-built banking technology makes this possible by providing more excellent security, faster money, and cost efficiencies.
Current brings together a diverse team of people worldwide to an office in New York City. With a team dedicated to building something great, everyone in the company is encouraged to have an impact.
The Current Bank Account and Current Card
By opening a bank account with Current, you can automatically enjoy all these benefits:
- Get Paid Faster: When you enrol in direct deposit through the current app and sign up for a Current Premium checking account, you can get paychecks up to 2 days faster than with a traditional bank.
- Free Overdraft: If you are receiving paychecks via direct debit of at least $500 per month, you can sign up for Overdrive; when you spend over your balance, Overdrive covers the cost up to you8r approved limit and then applies those funds in your next paycheck.
- Points and Cashback Rewards: Earn up to 15x points when you use your cards with Current partners. You can exchange your points for cash in your Current account.
- No Account Fees: Current bank account has no overdraft fees, no minimum balance fees, and no fees when you transfer money with your account.
- Free Cash Withdrawals: Get cash for free at more than 55,000 ATMs nationwide. Quickly find one near you using the Current app.
- Debit Cards: Your Current account comes with a debit card. You can issue more debit cards for your family while you keep control by instantly transferring money, getting real-time notifications, setting spending limits, or blocking specific merchants. It is more secure than cash and teaches teenagers about financial responsibility.
- 24/7 Support: If you need help with your Current bank account, Current card, or Current app, their team is available 24/7 via the app’s chat.
- Mobile App: Manage your bank account and debit card easily through the Current mobile app.
How To Get Started
To get started with a Current bank account and Current card, download the Current app from Google Play or Apple Store. Easily text yourself a link to download the app and sign up for an account.