Aspiration Plus is an upgrade to the Aspiration Spend & Save account that offers existing Aspiration customers more financial and social-environmental benefits for a monthly fee. Aspiration offers ethical, sustainable and socially-conscious cash management services as an alternative to more traditional banks.
What is Aspiration Plus?
Aspiration Plus came into effect in April 2020 as a subscription service available to Aspiration Spend & Save account holders for a fee. Currently, you can join Aspiration plus for $7/month or $69/year if you pay upfront—that is less than $2/week. With Aspiration plus, cashback rewards for spending with “Conscience Coalition” members are raised to 10% from the standard 3-5% in the Aspiration Spend & Save the account. With Aspiration Plus upgrade, sustainability efforts also raise. For example, the unique Planet Protection benefit is designed to automatically buy carbon offsets based on the number of gasoline purchases you make with your debit card.
Who Can Benefit from Aspiration Plus?
To get Aspiration Plus, you first need to sign up for an Aspiration Spend & Save Account, an online cash management account, unless you are already an Aspiration account holder. With this account, you are contributing to saving the planet. You can upgrade to Aspiration Plus to get extra benefits and make a higher impact on sustainability causes.
Unlock Extra Benefits
What Are The Benefits of Upgrading to Aspiration Plus?
There several benefits that come with Aspiration Plus:
- Planet Friendly Debit Card: Once you sign up for Aspiration plus, you automatically receive a new debit card. The card features a stylish modern design that symbolizes Aspiration’s sustainability commitment, as it is made of recycled ocean plastic.
- Interest On Savings: Aspiration Plus customers earn interest on their savings after a few requirements are met.
- ATM Reimbursements: Aspiration is a member of the Allpoint ATM network. Consequently, Aspiration plus customers can automatically access more than 55,000 free ATMs nationwide. On top of this broad access, Aspiration plus customers are entitled to one-out-of network ATM fee reimbursement per month.
- Extra Cashback: If you are an Aspiration Plus customer, you can earn additional extra cashback when you make purchases with selected Aspiration registered “Conscience Coalition” members using your debit card. These members are businesses that Aspiration identifies to have the same mission as TOMs or Warby Parker.
- Planet Protection Program: With Aspiration Plus, you can contribute to saving the planet as Aspiration will purchase a carbon offset for all your carbon emissions through driving and gasoline consumption as part of their Planet Protection Program.
What Is The Aspiration Card?
When you upgrade to Aspiration Plus, you receive a debit card made of recycled materials. You can use the card to make withdrawals at any free 55,000 Allpoint ATMs spread across the country or make purchases. You can also earn cashback rewards with one of the companies that are part of the Aspiration “Conscience Coalition”.
MasterCard is the issuer that provides Aspiration customers with debit cards. Getting one is free. The card usually takes between 7 to 10 business days to arrive at your location, and the delivery is free. Once the card arrives, you can activate it via the Aspiration App on your phone or by visiting their website. If you lose your card or it is stolen, Aspiration will provide a replacement at no cost for you.
Additionally, Aspiration provides customers with a digital card that you can start using once the initial deposit becomes accessible even as you wait for the physical card to arrive. Ideally, you can activate the digital card using the app.
Unlock Extra Benefits
FAQ about Aspiration
Is Aspiration Debit Card Legit?
Aspiration debit card is highly legit. Aspiration is an alternative to banks and boasts a high-interest rate on their Spend & Save account and Aspiration Plus. Some of the benefits of opening an account with Aspiration include the reimbursement of ATM fees, high-interest rates in your savings, or cashback on debit card purchases focused on sustainability.
Can I Use My Aspiration Card Abroad?
Yes, you can use your Aspiration card abroad to make purchases and withdrawals from ATMs. However, before you do so, you need to first enable international travel within your account settings through the website. Before you travel, bear in mind that MasterCard may charge a fee on international transactions, and there are countries where MasterCard doesn’t operate.
Are There Fees for Using a Domestic ATM?
If you have an Aspiration Spend & Save Account, you can use Allpoint ATM across the country for free. Once you upgrade your account to Aspiration Plus, they will reimburse you back 1 out of network (domestic and international) ATM fee per month. Refunds usually take between 2 to 3 days after the date of your withdrawal.
How To Get Started with Aspiration Plus
Opening an account with Aspiration is free. After you sign up and your account is activated, your new Aspiration card will arrive within 7 to 10 working days.
See below the steps to open an Aspiration Account and upgrade to Aspiration Plus:
- Step 1: Fill in all your essential details such as your name, email address, Social Security Number, bank account, etc. to get started with the process.
- Step 2: Aspiration will verify your bank account by sending a few cents to your account. This verification amount may take up to two days to arrive.
- Step 3: After you have verified that you received the amount in your bank account, transfer the $10 minimum deposit to the Aspiration account.
- Step 4: Identity verification typically involves scanning a suitable ID document such as a passport or driver’s license. Alternatively, take a photo of yourself and send it to Aspiration. Aspiration will then review all the documents within 1 to 2 days.
- Step 5: Aspiration may ask you to provide additional documents. This further review may take another 1 or 2 days.
- Step 6: After the verification process is successful and your minimum deposit has been received, you can start using the account. Your card will arrive in 7 to 10 days, but you can use your digital card instantly.
- Step 7: If you already have an Aspiration Save & Spend account, you can upgrade it to Aspiration Plus through the website or the mobile app to access more financial and friendly benefits.
Get Aspiration Plus and access even more benefits to save the planet.