If you’re a foreign national living in the United States, securing a mortgage can seem almost impossible. However, the foreign national program has made it easy for non-residents to get the funding they need to buy a house or refinance a mortgage. This mortgage loan product allows you to pursue your American dream no matter your citizenship.
Here’s what you need to know about the foreign national program and why you should take out from Angel Oak Home Loans.
Mortgage Financing for Non-U.S. Residents
About Angel Oak
Angel Oak Home Loans is an industry leader lending platform that offers a wide variety of mortgage financing solutions to homebuyers looking to purchase or refinance. The mortgage lender provides both traditional and non-qualified mortgages (Non-QM).
Angel Oak Mortgage Solution LLC products are tailored to meet borrowers’ financing needs. Plus, it matches borrowers with their licensed mortgage originators to guide them through every step of the way.
What is A Foreign National Program?
A foreign national program is a special type of loan designed to help non-residents in the United States looking to purchase a house or refinance a home. The loan program generally allows foreign nationals to secure a mortgage without a social security number (SSN) or green card.
Sometimes referred to as an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) mortgage, a foreign national mortgage makes it possible for nonaliens in the U.S. to purchase property even if they lack the documentation needed to qualify for a home loan.
How Does It Work?
A foreign national mortgage works like any other loan type where you make an agreement with a lender to repay the principal plus interest within a given period of time. When you take out a foreign national loan, your lender will give you a contract containing information about your monthly mortgage payments, interest rate, and other additional costs.
Can Foreigners Get Loans In The US?
Yes, foreign nationals can secure a mortgage in the U.S., provided that an individual meets the eligibility requirements. You can apply for a foreign national program with Angel Oak Home Loans LLC.
Benefits of A Foreign National Program With Angel Oak
Taking out a foreign national loan provided by Angel Oak has several advantages.
Angel Oak Home Loans has a team of licensed mortgage originators that work hand-in-hand with borrowers while answering any questions they might have. The company is licensed in 39 states, with 240 loan officers operating from local branches throughout the Southeast, the Eastern, and Western regions.
Angel Oak’s foreign national program offers borrowers who live outside the United States a great deal of flexibility when purchasing real estate or refinancing a mortgage. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, typically based on cash flow on your property instead of income, you’re good to go.
If you meet all the requirements for a foreign national loan, you get the funds within the shortest time possible. Angel Oak’s team will handle all your paperwork to ensure that everything runs smoothly for a quick closing.
Mortgage Financing for Non-U.S. Residents
Do Foreign National Programs Have Different Requirements?
The short answer is yes. Foreign national programs have unique requirements than the standard Fannie Mae or FHA loans. First, you must live and work outside the U.S. Second; you need a maximum LTV of 70% and 12 months of reserves. Finally, an ACH is needed from an FDIC-insured bank for monthly mortgage payments.
Besides that, foreign nationals may also require a larger down payment for a foreign national loan program.
Requirements to Get A Foreign National Loan with Angel Oak
To qualify for Angel Oak’s foreign national mortgage, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You do not live in the United States
- Have a maximum LTV of 70% (65% for cash out)
- Assets sourced and seasoned for 60 days
- 12 months reserves are required and must be in a U.S. bank
- A DSCR program with a 1:1 ratio on cash flow
- A credit score of at least 720
- Must have an eligible visa: B-1, B-2, H-2, H-3, I, J-1, J-2, O-2, P1, P2
- You must complete an ACH auto payment before closing
How to Inquire About The Angel Oak Foreign National Program
If you need more information about the Foreign National program offered by Angel Oak Mortgage Solutions, submit a simple online form. A licensed mortgage professional will reach out to answer your questions and guide you through the entire process.
Aside from the foreign national program, Angel Oak Mortgage Trust provides homebuyers with a wide variety of mortgage financing options.
- Bank Statement: Angel Oak’s Bank Statement program is a loan option for self-employed borrowers who want to purchase or refinance a home using bank statements instead of tax returns. Not all self-employed people can qualify for a bank statement loan, though additional documentation may be required.
- 1099 Income Loan: This mortgage option is ideal for freelancers and contractors whose W-9’s do not meet the requirements for a mortgage. Such borrowers can use 1099 forms to get a home loan.
- Investor Cash Flow Loan: This loan allows investors to use cash flow on a property to secure funding to grow their real estate portfolios. You don’t need employment information and tax returns to qualify for this mortgage funding.
- Jumbo Loan: This loan product is ideal for homebuyers who want to buy a higher-priced home that surpasses the limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency. A Jumbo loan from Angel Oak comprises Gold Prime, Prime Jumbo, and non-QM Platinum Jumbo.
- Asset Qualifier Home Loan: You can also get a mortgage using your liquid assets, such as retirement, checking, and savings accounts, as well as investments, such as stocks and mutual funds. You need at least $500,000 in liquid assets post-closing.
- ITIN Mortgage Loan: This loan program allows you to get funding to purchase a house or refinance your mortgage using your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN). Instead of an SSN, you can use your ITIN number for identification.
- Traditional Home Loans: Apart from non-QM mortgage products, Angel Oak also offers traditional home loans like conventional home loans, FHA home loans, USDA home loans, and veteran affairs home loans. These loans are guaranteed by the federal government but are available through Angel Oak Home Loans.