Origin Bank, founded in 1912, is a long-serving financial institution dedicated to helping businesses, individuals, and municipalities to manage their financial needs. The company offers an extensive suite of banking solutions, including some of the most advanced solutions available. It provides services throughout 60 Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi banking centers. Though the bank is one of the oldest and most recognized in the region, it offers some of the most modern solutions for today’s consumers and business owners.
What is Origin Bank?
Origin Bank reviews indicate that this well-loved local establishment offers its clients many features and benefits. Origin Bancorp, Inc., its official name, is a financial holding company. Its primary services include business checking and savings, personal checking and savings, Origin Bank mortgage and home equity loans, and investment opportunities for its clients.
The bank is notable for its overall dedication to customer service. That is evident in any Origin Bank review, including that the bank has been voted one of the best according to the American Banker Magazine’s ranking for the Best Banks to Work for. It has maintained this ranking for eight years.
Core to the services the bank offers is providing a new perception of what banking is to meet the needs of the modern business and family. To provide a higher level of support to their clients, they offer advisors that learn about the individual and their needs and then provide customized financial solutions to address their ongoing goals. They work to solve problems and provide access to high-quality information and support.
How Does Origin Bank Work?
Origin Bank is a full-service financial institution. It offers in-person and online/mobile banking solutions to its clients throughout Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The company provides various banking products, including checking and savings accounts, personal and business loans, debit and credit cards, and cash management services. The company also provides mortgages.
Those who wish to use these services can open an account with the bank at one of its 60 locations. It is also possible to open an account by creating an account on the company’s website. To open a bank account, you must provide your identification, Social Security number, and contact information.
Once open, consumers can use this bank in any way that suits their needs. That includes visiting the location for in-person banking services, using their mobile app, creating an online account, and using any affiliated banking and investment services.
What Type of Banking Services Does Origin Bank Provide?
As a full-service bank, Origin provides a wide range of financial tools to help consumers and businesses meet their goals. This includes a full suite of personal and business services.
As a bank built on its consumers for more than 100 years, Origin Bank is, at its heart, very consumer-focused. The company works to meet the individual needs of each client they have, which often includes providing a range of services to meet banking, investing, and borrowing needs.
Its personal banking solutions include:
The company offers several checking account options, including:
- Connect Checking: This is designed to allow individuals to earn interest while having access to a trusted advisor and innovative technology.
- Simple Checking: This basic level of checking requires a $500 minimum daily balance to eliminate the monthly fees.
- Impact Checking: This option does not have monthly service charges based on the consumer’s spending and usage.
- Performance Checking: For those that want to earn the most from their checking account in the form of APY, this option works well but requires an ongoing balance.
Based on Origin Bank review information, the company offers robust savings opportunities for consumers, including:
- Certificate of Deposit: The company provides CDs that range from 30 days up to 5 years, with an initial minimum opening deposit of $500.
- Consumer Money Market: This type of savings account offers limited checking features and requires a minimum daily balance of $3,000.
- Simply Savings: The most basic of savings options, this account requires a minimum daily balance of $100 to avoid fees and limit transactions to no more than six per month.
- Coverdell Education Savings: The company offers tax-advanced savings through these accounts for those saving for college education expenses.
They also offer accounts to maximize opportunities for retirement investments, including:
- Traditional IRAs: This traditional IRA requires a minimum deposit of $500 to open it.
- Roth IRA: For those seeking a Roth IRA, the terms range from 6 months to 5 years and a minimum opening deposit of $500.
Origin Bank mortgages are readily available to consumers who meet qualifications. The company offers a range of loan options for buying, building or refinancing a home. They offer renovation home loans, veteran loans, and first-time homebuyer loans and provide consumers with access to advisors who can help them to navigate their options to choose the most affordable option for their needs.
Home loan options may include:
- Jumbo mortgages
- Lines of credit
- Bridge loans
- FHA loans
- VA loans
In addition to providing access to these types of loans and banking options, Origin Bank offers support for those seeking student loans and unique funding options.
Origin Bank works closely with small to large businesses to offer a range of financing options, banking tools, and investments to support the unique needs of its clients. The company fosters innovation by providing its business customers access to innovative tools, mobile banking solutions, and money management services. Some of the business banking solutions available from Origin Bank include the following.
Business Checking Accounts
For FDIC-business checking accounts, Origin Bank offers:
- Business Analysis Checking: This is the simplest of business checking accounts with a $0 opening requirement and no minimum daily balance requirement. Fees are based on earnings credit and balances.
- Business Builder Checking: This account keeps costs lower to encourage companies that may be just starting to grow.
- Community Builder Checking: This banking solution keeps costs down for nonprofit organizations while providing access to robust technology and features.
Origin Bank also offers a range of business services to meet the unique needs of its clients, including:
- Insurance: This includes comprehensive commercial property, general commercial liability, workers’ compensation, excess commercial liability, commercial surety, group health insurance policies, and business vehicle insurance. To provide these services, the company works with various local partners.
- Wire Transfers: The company offers access to wire transfers for business owners. This includes options for both domestic and international wire transfers.
- Mobile Banking for Business: Origin Bank for Business also offers a mobile business app that allows companies to handle funds transfers, bill pay, account balance management, ACH and wire transfers, and other solutions on the go.
- Business Credit Cards: Companies can benefit from the range of business credit cards offered, including the traditional Business Credit Card, Business Rewards Card, Business Purchasing Card, or Prepaid Business Cards. These credit cards are robust to meet the needs of their clients.
What Other Innovations Does Origin Bank Have?
The company is committed to offering the most innovative technologies available to meet the needs of its clients continuously. A range of solutions exist to meet needs now, and the company also continues to offer new tools over time. Origin Bank provides a range of innovative features to help support the unique needs of its clients. That includes innovative tools like the following:
Online banking services from Origin Bank are some of the most advanced available today for personal and business clients. These services include bill pay, money transfers, statement access, and wire transfer solutions. Consumers and business owners can use their online banking for many reasons, including:
- Pay bills
- View account activity
- Schedule alerts
- View check images
- Stop payments
- Transfer funds
- Authorize ACH and wire transfers
The Origin Bank mobile app is an excellent solution for those who need an easy-to-use but comprehensive app. This app for consumers provides access to all account features while a person is on the goal, streamlining the ability to manage money. The mobile app is one of the most comprehensive, offering account-specific solutions to most needs.
Business Mobile App
The business mobile app is designed to provide the unique needs of business owners. This includes account management, bill pay, and robust tools for monitoring transactions, paying vendors, and managing cash flow.
Those who wish to use Zelle can easily link to their Origin Bank account. This allows for a fast and streamlined process for making and accepting payments. This is an easy way for consumers or businesses to send money to each other and manage overall costs.
Financial management is a core component of their work for consumers and business owners, offering advisors to guide decision-making and account management. The financial management tool provides the following:
- Budgeting support
- Account aggregation
- Auto categorization
- Debt management
How Does Origin Bank Compare?
When comparing Origin Bank to other banks offering these robust services, the company stands out in a few key areas. It provides some of the most enhanced banking innovations available today for consumers and business owners. It also offers a range of resources to support the needs of investing, managing a business, and reducing costs.
Is Origin Bank Worth It?
For those who live or operate a business within one of the company’s banking centers, it can be well worth considering Origin Bank reviews and determining how well this bank can meet your individual needs. Though it does charge fees for some of its services, they are competitive.
Origin Bank’s wide range of featured accounts and services can be well worth the investment for businesses looking to become established or build their financial stability over time. Companies must consider the range of resources available, the costs associated with any account, and how competitors in their area line up to determine if Origin Bank reviews are the right option for their needs.
How to Get Started with Origin Bank
Those wishing to open an account with the company can visit its website or one of its branch locations. It requires having access to personal identification information. Origin Bank allows for account opening for those locally. For businesses, it is necessary to provide some insight into the business, including EIN information. Advisors are available to help business owners select the best business checking, banking, and investment options to fit their needs. Robust options like these can help companies to meet their ongoing needs.