Do you want to sell your home but dread having to find a real estate agent, show it to complete strangers or go back and forth with sellers? That’s understandable, but the selling process doesn’t have to be this way. You can work with Offerpad to take the hassle and stress out of selling your home. Plus, you can use the online platform to buy your next home.
What is Offerpad?
Offerpad is an iBuyer that helps sellers get what they deserve for their home, minus the hassle. Brian Bair founded it to address the challenges often faced by homeowners when selling their homes.
Since 2015, the iBuyer has helped thousands of homeowners sell their homes quickly. Prospective buyers also enjoy the added convenience of purchasing a home without extra stress through Offerpad’s innovative process.
How Does Offerpad Work?
Offerpad simplifies the selling process for homeowners. You can get a cash offer if you’re looking to sell your home in record time or list with confidence through a knowledgeable real estate expert.
You can also use Offerpad to buy the home of your dreams. The team will connect you with a Solutions Expert to find the perfect fit and secure a mortgage with competitive rates that work for your financial situation.
Where is Offerpad Available?
If you’re looking to sell your home, Offerpad is currently making purchase offers in these locations:
- Birmingham, AL
- Phoenix, AZ
- Tucson, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Jacksonville, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- St. Louis, IL
- Indianapolis, IN
- Kansas City, KS
- Kansas City, MO
- St. Louis, MO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Columbus, OH
- Charlotte, SC
- Columbia, SC
- Nashville, TN
- Austin, TX
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- San Antonio, TX
Sell Your House With Offerpad
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect when you sell your house with Offerpad.
What Houses Does Offerpad Buy?
These properties are eligible for purchase through Offerpad:
- Single-family residential homes, townhomes and condominiums
- Houses that sit on lots not exceeding one acre
- Homes that are valued at $1 million or less (varies by market)
- Homes built in 1961 or later
- Homes located in age-restricted communities valued at no more than $325,000
Your home is not eligible for purchase if your home is located outside of Offerpad’s service area. The iBuyer also won’t purchase your home if:
- You don’t have clear ownership
- Your home has major structural or foundation issues
- You have a mobile, manufactured or prefabricated home
- Your home is not vacant at the date of closing
Worried you can’t sell your home with Offerpad because it’s listed through an agent? Don’t be. OfferPad can work directly with your agent to sell your home.
Benefits of Selling Your Home Through Offerpad
Consider these benefits as you evaluate if Offerpad is a good fit for you.
- Rapid cash offers: It only takes 24 hours to get a competitive cash offer for your home.
- Bundle rewards: They help homebuyers save money if they use Offerpad to sell their current home and buy a new one.
- Streamlined process: Offerpad offers a one-stop shop to sell your existing home, buy a new one and get the financing you need.
- Trade-in your current home for a new home: Most homeowners cannot maintain two homes at once and often miss out on opportunities to purchase their dream home. But with Offerpad, this won’t be an issue as you’re allowed to sell your home and buy a new one back-to-back without having to wait around.
- Complimentary services to prepare your home for the market: If you decide to list on Offerpad, you will get free carpet cleaning, deep house cleaning, handyman services, landscape cleanup, pool services and more to help your home shine. Plus, you can take advantage of advance funds through Offerpad to complete home improvements that will get you top dollar for your home.
- Extended stay program: When you sell through Offerpad Express, you’ll have up to three days following closing to vacate your current home. This is a significant perk if your new home isn’t ready for you to occupy.
- Free Local Move: If you’re relocating within 50 miles, you could qualify for free moving services. However, the size of the new home must not exceed 2,800 square feet. There’s also a 13,000-pound weight limit on belongings.
The Selling Process
Below is a closer look at Offerpad’s selling process.
1. Request an Offer
Get a free no-obligation offer in just three minutes. Simply answer a few questions about your property to get started.
2. Review Options
Offerpad will present a cash offer and other selling options that could help you get top dollar for your home within 24 hours. (Quick note: If you’re unable to send photos or a video walkthrough within the first 24 hours of submitting your request, Offerpad will provide you with an additional 24 hours to do so. You can also notify Offerpad in writing of your intention not to send photos, and they will continue with the review process promptly to get you an offer).
3. Accept Your Offer
If the cash offer works for you, notify Offerpad, and they will reach out to you regarding the next steps. But there’s no rush to make a decision. You’ll have four days before the offer expires and can request a new offer online if it does lapse.
4. Choose a Way to Sell
Prefer not to take the cash offer? You can connect with a personal Offerpad Concierge free of charge to prepare your home for the market.
5. Conduct Your Home Inspection
Before selling your home to Offerpad, it must undergo a home inspection. Generally, it’s conducted by a licensed property inspector or member of the Offerpad team. (Sometimes, both will show up for the onsite inspection). Suppose the home inspection sheds light on repairs that are needed. In that case, you can remedy the issues with a licensed contractor before closing or offer a repair credit to OfferPad. The iBuyer can also choose to cancel the contract, and you won’t incur a penalty.
6. Close the Sale
Offerpad allows you to select your closing day, but it can’t exceed 90 days following the acceptance of an offer. Furthermore, there are minimum timelines that vary by state.
Need to close within 15 days? Offerpad will try to accommodate the request but must have access to the home within three to five business days from the signing of the contract to perform the home inspection.
Ways to Sell Your House with Offerpad
You have two options to sell your house with Offerpad.
Offerpad Express lets you sell your home quickly without listing it or going through the hassle of endless showings and prospective buyer negotiations. You’ll get a competitive cash offer in 24 hours and work with Offerpad to have a home inspection done and schedule your closing day. Even better, you’ll get up to three days after closing to vacate the property and a free local move to get you settled into your new home.
Offerpad Flex is another viable way to sell your home conveniently. It allows you to test the market by listing the property with Offerpad. You can also take advantage of complimentary services and have funds sent to you for home improvements to get your home show-ready. Plus, you’ll have the ability to activate your cash offer for up to 60 days if you decide you’d like to sell to Offerpad instead.
Homeowners pay a 5% fee to sell to Offerpad. Also, prepare to pay transaction-related costs at closing, including buyer concessions (if applicable), the 3 percent commission owed to the buyer’s agent, taxes, holding costs and maintenance fees, just to name a few.
Buy a House with Offerpad
If you’re in the market for a new home, check out how Offerpad is revolutionizing the homebuying process.
Benefits of Buying a Home Through Offerpad
Unlike many other platforms, Offerpad is also committed to helping buyers every step of the way. For example, you’ll get a transaction manager to help you navigate the home buying process from start to finish. Plus, you’ll have the option to select a move-in date that works for you. You can browse homes for sale on the Offerpad website.
What are Offerpad Reviews Saying?
Offerpad showcases on their website some of the experiences and reviews that their customers had when working with them:
- The process was fair and seamless. I’d highly recommend Offerpad to anyone looking to sell or buy.—Jeff W. (Phoenix, AZ)
- I’m extremely pleased with my selling experience. It’s the best I’ve had, and not having to show my home was the highlight of the entire process.—Joan L. (Gilbert, AZ)
- I give Offerpad a perfect 10! My experience was amazing, and my sellers are still raving over the entire process. We didn’t have to worry about showings, the closing was stress-free and the moving company was amazing!—Lisa O. (Dallas, GA)
- The team at Offerpad was very informative, friendly, easy to work with and always offered quick responses.—Carol W. (Ocoee, FL)
How to Get Started with Offerpad?
Request a cash offer for your home by completing the online form. If you want to buy an Offerpad home, visit the website and select the home you’re interested in for additional guidance.