loanDepot was established in 2010 by Anthony Hseih to provide a seamless mortgage experience. Since its inception, loanDepot has risen amongst the ranks to become the second-largest non-bank retail originator. It is also the fifth-largest mortgage lender in the nation and currently serves 27,000 customers monthly.
What is loanDepot?
Accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating, loanDepot is a direct lender that offers home purchase, refinance and new construction loans.
loanDepot is licensed to do business in all 50 states. It leverages an innovative lending platform to ensure you can finance your dream home or refinance your existing property without the added stress.
To date, loanDepot has funded over $275 billion in consumer loans, $179 billion in mortgage loans, and $96 billion in new home purchase loans.
How Does loanDepot Work?
Here’s an overview of what you can expect with loanDepot’s home purchase or refinance experience:
- Step 1: Submit an online inquiry to speak with a licensed lending officer from the loanDepot team. There are over 3,000 loan officers to choose from. Each must adhere to a “no steering policy” to remove the bias from shopping for the perfect loan product.
- Step 2: Create a list of homebuying goals before you begin a search for your dream home. If you’re planning to refinance, jot down your current rate and how much you could save by refinancing.
- Step 3: Select the loan product that’s ideal for your financial situation.
- Step 4: Prepare your loan application for underwriting. You’ll also gather any documentation the underwriter needs to process your loan application during this step.
- Step 5: Submit the requested personal, income and financial documentation.
- Step 6: Get the final loan approval and schedule your loan closing. You’re free to select a time that works for you and doesn’t interfere with your busy schedule.
loanDepot Home Purchase Loans
loanDepot may be able to make it possible to buy the home of your dreams.
Benefits of Getting A Home Loan Through loanDepot
Here are a few key reasons why you should consider getting a home loan through loanDepot:
- Several flexible home loan options to choose from
- Licensed in all 50 states with over $275 billion originations to date
- Stringent “no-steering policy” to deter loan officers from pushing select loan products
loanDepot Home Refinance Loans
You may be able to get a home refinance loan from loanDepot to reduce your monthly mortgage payment, convert your equity to cash or consolidate high-interest debt.
Benefits of Getting A Refi Loan Through loanDepot
loanDepot Lifetime Guarantee* waives lender fees and reimburses appraisal fees for repeat customers (*loanDepot Lifetime Guarantee: Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the website: www.loanDepot.com/MyGuarantee for the most current terms and conditions as they are subject to change without notice.)
Types Of Loans From loanDepot
A fixed-rate mortgage is a top choice for many as it gives you a predictable monthly payment over the life of your home loan.
An adjustable-rate mortgage is ideal if you’d prefer more affordable initial monthly payments and don’t plan to stay in your home for an extended period. Your rate will adjust after the introductory period and every 6 months to a year thereafter depending on the ARM type
VA loans are backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and reserved for active-duty military, veterans and their spouses.
FHA loans are backed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and feature more lax qualification criteria, along with a low minimum down payment requirement of just 3.5 percent.
loanDepot Rates And Fees
loanDepot does not disclose rates and fees on its website as it varies by customer. However, you can contact a loan officer to get a rate estimate and inquire about origination fees and other costs.
What are loanDepot Reviews Saying?
Here’s what a few past clients had to say about loanDepot:
- My experience with loanDepot was wonderful. I was able to apply, get approved and close in just two weeks, and everyone was very professional during the entire process. I had specific reasons for wanting to refinance my home loan outside of wanting lower payments and loanDepot delivered. I even have two months before I have to make a payment. I’m beyond happy with the service I was provided.—Ursula R. (Trustpilot review)
- I’d highly recommend Loan Depot. The loan officers were very thorough and made everything easy to understand.—Jeremy J. (Trustpilot review)
- The process was very simple. I was able to upload all my documents in the portal, which made my life much easier, and my loan officer was very thorough and attentive. —Vanita C. (Trustpilot review)
- Working with the loanDepot team has been a pleasant experience. The representatives are very knowledgeable and always prepared to answer any questions you may have or make recommendations for your unique situation. Because of this, my opinion of loanDepot and its staff is very high. —Joel G. (Trustpilot review)
How to Get Started with loanDepot
When you’re ready to apply for a mortgage loan, submit an online inquiry or use the search tool to find a branch in your local area.