Billing itself as banking 3.0, Cogni aims to be a streamlined and intuitive banking platform with few fees and a range of lifestyle options that make it hugely practical for the modern digital finance customer.
What is Cogni?
Cogni was set up to disrupt outdated Fintech offerings by combining multiple financial functions under one umbrella platform. Instead of switching between various apps constantly, Cogni allows its customers to control their crypto, paycheck, and debit card from one simple and intuitive app.
How Does Cogni Work?
Cogni works by taking the functions of various apps that customers use to manage their banking, shopping, and crypto and rolling them together into one no-fee app.
Cogni customers can manage their finances, track their spending, send money, view their crypto wallet, and monitor their credit score from a single app.
What Features Does Cogni Have?
Cogni has a range of features, including:
- Transferring money, instantly and for free, between all Cogni members.
- Creating single-use electronic cards as a form of fraud protection, to pay for trial subscriptions, or to keep their purchase history private.
- Using those digital cards to access member-exclusive discounts at over 1,500 brands.
- Managing your personal finances by tracking and categorizing your spending.
- Tracking your overall carbon footprint.
- Monitoring your credit score.
- Deposit cash at major brick-and-mortar retail chains.
- Managing your digital assets with a non-custodial super wallet.
When it was launched in 2020, Cogni’s stated aim was to provide a simple and easy-to-access banking app that would grow with its customers and support their lifestyle.
The app has no minimum balance requirements on the digital banking front and offers fee-free international transactions and cash withdrawals at 55,000 in-network ATMs. The app even has an ATM finder to help you locate the nearest one.
You can instantly send money for free to other Cogni users, deposit cash at major retail chains, and have the money instantly appear in your account.
Cogni Visa Debit Card
Opening a Cogni account grants customers a Cogni Visa Debit Card compatible with Google and Apple Pay. Customers can also use the Cogni app to create single-use digital cards that provide greater security when purchasing from online retailers.
The Cogni Visa Debit Card is accepted anywhere that accepts Visa and can be used to make purchases at millions of locations worldwide or withdraw cash from hundreds of thousands of ATMs without additional fees.
Built-in Lifestyle Features
Its range of built-in lifestyle features sets the Cogni app apart from the crowd. How we manage our money has changed, and Cogni aims to streamline the money management process by providing a wide range of features to make it easier for you to keep track of your finances.
The Cogni app lets you track your spending, manage your finances, calculate your carbon footprint, monitor your credit score, and send money instantly to other Cogni users without switching apps.
Credit ratings are one of the most important factors when it comes to financial well-being. To help you keep on top of your credit rating and maximize your financial potential, Cogni provides a personal credit monitoring feature.
Provided by TransUnion, Cogni’s credit score monitoring updates in real-time and shows all the different factors that have impacted your credit score.
In addition to its traditional banking and added lifestyle features, the Cogni app also offers its customers access to a digital super wallet that they can use to manage digital assets, like cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
The wallet is non-custodial, so you’ll retain complete control over all private keys and digital assets.
What are the Benefits of Cogni?
There is a wide range of benefits to opening a Cogni account, including the following:
- The ability to access and control your personal banking, crypto and NFT wallet, and credit score, all from one app.
- The option to make secure purchases using one-use digital cards and get discounts for using those digital cards with 1,500 brands.
- A fully transparent fee policy, with no fees for international transactions, transferring money to other Cogni users or withdrawing cash at 55,000 in-network ATMs.
- The option to deposit cash at a wide range of bricks and mortar retail stores and have it instantly available in your account.
- A range of incredibly helpful lifestyle and financial functions include spending tracking and segmentation, carbon footprint analysis, and instant money transfers to other Cogni users.
What Makes Cogni Stand Out from Other Banks?
In Cogni’s opinion, how we bank has changed drastically over the past decade, and current banking platforms have yet to keep up with those changes.
Congi sets itself apart from its competitors by offering customers an all-in-one approach to modern digital banking.
Instead of constantly switching between various apps, platforms, and providers, Cogni allows you to manage your finances in one place.
Whether you need to track your spending, transfer money, monitor your crypto investments, or see your current credit score, you can do it all with Cogni’s secure and user-friendly interface.
Is Cogni Right for You?
If you are frustrated by the constant need to switch between apps or want to manage your finances in one place better, Cogni could be an excellent fit for you. Its user-friendly design makes it easy to navigate, and its range of features makes it a comprehensive financial management tool.
How to Get Started with Cogni
Getting started with Cogni is as easy and streamlined as the app itself. All you need to do is open an account. There’s no credit check to pass, no overdraft, and no mandatory minimums.