A business line of credit lets you access capital on demand. You don’t pay interest until you start using the funds, and then only on the funds you draw. You don’t have to use the funds right away, and it’s even possible to use a line of credit as an emergency reserve. This type of business loan starts with lower monthly payments than a typical term loan, which gives you more time to increase your cash flow.
About Big Think Capital
Big Think Capital is an online lending solution for small business owners seeking working capital for their businesses. Founded in 2017, the company is led by a team with decades of experience. While most lenders require high credit scores and other strict parameters, Big Think Capital makes funding more accessible to business owners. You can get financing even if you have a low credit score. But you are also entitled to a better interest rate with a good score. Big Think Capital works to provide the most competitive rate for your situation. It combines the best of both worlds to provide traditional and alternative financing solutions for business owners.
What Is a Business Line of Credit?
A business line gives you access to a lump sum of cash. During the draw period on your line of credit, you can access and use the funds to grow your businesses, cover cash flow shortfalls, or handle unexpected expenses. The flexibility makes it a popular option.
Interest accrues only when you borrow against the limit and only on the amount you use. As a result, the initial monthly payments are far lower than your standard small business term loan. Once the credit line’s term expires, you can pay off the interest and principal, renew the line of credit, or convert it into a traditional term loan with monthly payments on the remaining balance.
How Does a Business Line of Credit Work?
A line of credit is similar to a credit card, but it’s available for a limited term. You’ll be given a credit limit, which is the maximum amount of money you can borrow at a given time. For example, if you have a $100,000 credit limit, you can borrow up to $100,000. If you borrow $20,000 from this limit, you have $80,000 remaining to draw from. You’ll make small monthly payments on the amount you’ve drawn.
The unpaid balance accrues interest each month based on your rate. While many credit lines have variable rates, some have fixed interest rates. You can repay a credit line before the draw period concludes, and if you do, you are free to borrow against it again while the draw period is still open.
Who Is a Business Line of Credit Best For?
A business line of credit is optimal if you need capital but aren’t sure how much. Some small business owners take out business term loans for more money than they need. Even if some cash sits in an account, the business owner still has to pay interest. With a line of credit, if you ask for a higher credit limit than you need, you won’t have to pay interest on the amount you don’t use.
The Advantages of Getting a Business Line of Credit with Big Think Capital
Big Think Capital offers a flexible line of credit with generous terms:
- High maximums: A $10,000 credit line might be all you need, but if you want to fund more expensive projects, you can borrow up to $1 million.
- Lower experience requirements: You need only six months of business experience to apply for a line of credit through Big Think Capital.
- Lower revenue requirements: You can qualify for a business line of credit with annual revenues as low as $50,000. Higher revenue can help you obtain a higher credit limit.
- No prepayment penalties: If you want to repay your credit line right away, you can do so without worrying about penalties.
- Fast access to funds: You can secure funding quickly with Big Think Capital. Expect to receive a decision within 24 hours of submitting your application.
- Excellent customer support: Big Think Capital has a team of representatives ready to answer your questions and help you get business financing.
Big Think Capital Business Line of Credit Review
Getting a line of credit can provide your business with enough capital to maintain operations or reach new customers. Knowing the details about Big Think Capital’s business line of credit can help you make a better decision regarding your company’s finances.
Business Line of Credit Amounts
You can secure a line of credit between $10,000 and $1 million with Big Think Capital.
Business Line of Credit Terms
You can select a term for your credit line that is as long as five years. A lengthier term gives you more time to repay the balance or to maintain a reserve fund until the draw period ends.
What You Can Use the Loan Funds For
Business owners can use a line of credit for any business-related investments. You don’t have to tell Big Think Capital how you intend to use the funds.
Business Line of Credit Qualifications and Requirements
A business owner seeking a line of credit from Big Think Capital must meet the following requirements:
- 6+ months in business
- $50,000+ in annual revenue
- A good credit score (The specific number is not listed, but a business term loan requires a 620 credit score. Many of Big Think Capital’s loans have lower credit score requirements than their competitors.)
- Your company must be in good standing
Big Think Capital will request bank statements from the past three months and basic details about you and your business during the application process.
Business Line of Credit Fees and Costs
You do not have to pay an application fee for your line of credit. However, other fees and costs may apply.
Other Business Financing that Big Think Capital Offers
- SBA Loans: The best terms and rates, but also the highest standards and lengthiest application process.
- Term Loans: Receive a lump sum that you repay over monthly installments.
- Commercial Real Estate Loans: Borrow up to $100 million to buy a commercial property.
- Equipment Financing: Get the funding you need to buy equipment for your company.
- Merchant Cash Advance: Get capital even if you have a credit score in the 400s.
- Invoice Financing: Get capital from your outstanding invoices now instead of later.
- Employee Retention Credit: Some businesses can qualify for a grant from the government.
How to Apply for a Big Think Capital Business Line of Credit
A line of credit can give your company more flexibility to cover expenses and make new investments. Big Think Capital can help you get business financing even if you do not have the best credit score. Fill out the form to see what loan offers you receive. Filling out the application will not impact your credit score.