Qapital is a banking app designed for couples to manage a shared budget and saving goals. Although you can use it on your own, the founders wanted to solve the financial challenges couples face when sharing money and trying to save money for their shared projects.
How Does Qapital Works?
As a joint banking app, Qapital allows you to connect your bank accounts, set saving goals, and optionally share them with someone like your partner to manage a shared personal budget and reach your shared financial goals.
Qapital App Features
The Qapital app comes equipped with the usual features of other mobile banking apps. Therefore, you can easily connect your accounts through the app, set your savings goals, and then allocate the money you have to spend to the different categories within your budget. It also has automatic savings features to help you reach your goals. Let’s review some of the things you can do with the Qapital banking app:
Joint Banking Solution for Couples
The key difference between Qapital and other mobile banking, personal finance, or budgeting apps is that you can collaborate with a partner to manage accounts, budgets, and saving goals together. Using this “Dream Team” feature in the Qapital app, you can manage your money together with someone else. The app also lets you share only what you want, so for example, you can share your savings account, but not the investment account.
Through the Qapital app, you can set spending, saving, and investment goals. It also has a feature called “Pay Divvy” to automate how you split your paycheck. If you choose to use this feature, you can choose what percentage of your total payment you want to spend, save and invest and the app will divide up for you. You can adjust it or pause at any time.
After setting up your budget, you can track your performance as you spend, save, and invest through the app. In addition, you can choose to share your goals with someone else or not.
Qapital has quite a few ways to help you save more money in automatic ways. See here some examples of how the app can help you with saving:
- Set up the app to transfer money a fixed amount into the savings account.
- Round up your transactions and send the change into your savings accounts.
- Choose your favorite brand and get cash back when you make purchases there.
- Send the spare money into your savings account if you spend less making everyday purchases that usually cost you more.
- If you are a freelancer, send a percentage of each transaction you receive into the saving account to get ahead of your taxes.
- Set up incremental weekly payments into your savings account to save money throughout the year.
With so many ways to automate saving, the Qapital app can help you achieve your goals. To use the goals feature, you will need to open a Qapital Goals account, a savings account held at one of the partner FIDC-insured banks of Qapital.
Investing in AutoPilot
The Qapital app provides a range of pre-built portfolios depending on the investment risk level you may want to take. The portfolios go from very conservative to very aggressive, and Qapital monitors your account, reinvests, and rebalances portfolios for you. Apex Clearing Corporation, an SEC-registered broker-dealer and member of the FINRA and the SIPC, provides the Qapital’s brokerage services, and your Qapital Invest account.
Qapital Debit Card
The users of the Qapital app can access a Visa Debit Card to make purchases, including contactless payments and Apple Pay and Google Pay payments, get real-time notifications if you are overspending and at risk of not meeting your savings goals, and withdraw cash for free at more than 55,000 ATMs worldwide. To get a debit card, you need to open a Qapital spending account, a checking account held at one of the partner FIDC-insured banks of Qapital.
Qapital App Customer Service
You can contact Qapital customer service by sending a message through the app or by email at [email protected] They also offer a helpful website to research the app as a user and find solutions to common problems.
Qapital App Reviews
The Qapital app has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating the Apple Store
Qapital App Pricing and 4.3 out 5 in the Google Play Store from nearly 100,000 users. The most recent reviews praise the app mainly for the lack of effort and great automation features to save more money.
Qapital App Pricing
Depending on what you want to do in the app, there are three different plans:
- The Basic Plan costs $3/month and gives you access to open a Goals account to automate and track your savings.
- The Complete Plan costs $6/month and allows you to also open a Spending account with a debit card, as well as automatically divide your paycheck.
- The Master Plan costs $12 per month and gives you access to all the features in the basic and complete plans, plus opening an investment account and access the automatic investing features, and share your finances and goals with someone.
How to Get Started with the Qapital App
To use the Qapital app, you will need a U.S. mobile phone number since it is only available for users in the U.S. You can visit the website to get started and download the Android or iOS app from Google Play or Apple Store, respectively.