Carver Federal Savings Bank has been providing New Yorkers with access to competitively priced banking solutions regardless of their income level for the last 70 years. They are the largest African and Caribbean-American managed and publicly traded Minority Depository Institution in the U.S. today. They provides reasonably priced loan capital and no-cost financial literacy training to aspiring Minority Women-owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) and consumers in the Greater New York City region.
Carver Federal Savings Bank History
Carver Federal Savings Bank was founded back in 1948. The banks’ initial mission was to serve African-American communities with limited access to financial services. Throughout the 20th and 21st centuries, they have become the largest African-American operated bank in the U.S. Since the start, and up until today, the bank headquarters are located in Harlem, with most of their eight branches and 24/7 ATM Centers located in low to moderate-income neighborhoods.
Serving the Community
Carver Federal Savings Bank is considered a Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) by the U.S. Treasury Department, mainly due to their focus on community-focused banking services and dedication to the revitalization of under-served neighborhoods.
“When you do common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” — George Washington Carver (1864–1943)
Carver Federal Savings Bank Outstanding Services
Carver Federal Savings Bank is committed to providing New Yorkers with access to banking solutions at a competitive price, regardless of their income level. With the aim of reaching this goal, they provide outstanding service to its customers, such as:
- Seven full-service branches in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens in New York City
- Allpoint ATM with access to 55,000 ATMs in the U.S.
- Banking services that meet individual customers’ needs
- Free mobile app for both iPhone and Android users
- Awarded with an excellent rating for community reinvestment based on the geographic distribution of the loan portfolio of the communities they serve by the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Ranked number 1 for three consecutive years (2014-2016) as a leader in providing loans to MWBEs by the New York State for the bank’s “Bridge to Success” Loan Program
- Free financial literacy training provided to more than 16,000 individuals, mostly low-income consumers and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Get started by opening an account with Carver Federal Savings Bank today.