Liberty Tax Overview
Liberty Tax offers online filing services with supportive options for any level filer.
Unlike many other tax preparation services, Liberty Tax does not offer a free option for those filing a 1040EZ/1040A. However, as with other services, they do provide increased features with higher priced options. With the Basic version, you can itemize deductions, get help with a Health Savings Account, and even report self-employment and business income. The Deluxe plan is made for those with investments and will help you calculate depreciation and home office deductions. The Premium program assists with real estate income, gains, and losses, and supports schedule K-1.
Liberty Tax is a great value for those who have more complicated tax returns.
One of the biggest benefits of using their service is that Liberty Tax places a priority on helping you understand and accurately report your healthcare information, including any HSAs.
Liberty Tax also makes it easy to amend a return if you receive a late document or need to make a change – at no additional cost.
- EZ: Federal $14.95; State $29.99.
- Basic: Federal $19.95; State $34.95.
- Deluxe: Federal $44.95; State $34.95.
- Premium: Federal $69.95; State $34.95.
Ease of Registration: Start for free by signing up for an account. From there, you can start uploading documents, and even chat with representatives if needed.
Bottom line: Liberty Tax is a no-frills service, best for those who don’t have simple taxes that could be done elsewhere for free.
- Great value for those with complicated tax returns
- Understand and accurately report healthcare information
- Amend your return at no additional cost
- Special Offer: Take an Extra 20% Off Every Liberty Tax Online Tax Filing Solution. Use Code: LTOCJ20