With consumers losing billions of dollars annually to identity theft, IDShield can help you monitor your personal information. The IDShield app offers protection against fraud through credit monitoring and sending alerts for suspicious activity.
Identity theft is only a worry for individuals with a lot of money. That’s not remotely true. Fraudsters can take loans in your name with your personal information, leaving you in debt and ruining your credit report.
Moreover, if they commit crimes using your identity, you may face criminal charges and have to prove it was not you. Also, any prescriptions they take with your identity will affect your ability to access necessary medication.
Identity theft can significantly affect your life, from financial to health and legal. So, how can IDShield help with this? In this IDShield review, you’ll learn about the brand, its products and services, and whether it’s worth your time.
What is IDShield?
IDShield helps shield you from identity theft by protecting your personal information. This includes any data stored online or offline and can be used to steal your persona or cause damage to your finances in one way or another.
The parent company of IDShield is LegalShield, a law firm committed to providing access to affordable legal services. Their objective of forming an identity protection brand was the rising cases of ID theft and privacy concerns among their members.
Such efforts gave birth to the IDShield app, which is available to download from the App Store and Google Play, and it’s trusted by millions of people and many top companies.
Beyond the products and services, the brand also offers insight into how you can protect your identity. You can find these, along with tips on how to spot it when it happens, on their website.
The Benefits of Using IDShield for Identity Theft Protection
Unlike many competitors that offer services online or over the phone, IDShield is a unique brand. Their products are offered through an app that can be downloaded to mobile devices for quick access and monitoring.
This is especially useful when considering how sensitive your personal information is now. You may think it’s safe on your desktop computer, but it’s probably one of the last places you should leave it.
If your computer is connected to the internet, an attacker could access it and find all they need to steal your identity. That’s why downloading the IDShield app to a mobile device can make you safer on the go than at home on your traditional computer.
What Does IDShield Offer?
The company has a few products, including credit monitoring and alerts, identity theft insurance, and legal aid, should you need it. All of these services are available for one low price.
- Credit Monitoring: This will analyze your financial information and inform you if anything looks suspicious or fraudulent. When this happens, they’ll send you an alert so that you can take the appropriate steps.
- Alerts: This is one of the best features since it allows you to view alerts whenever your personal information changes in databases. You’ll know if someone has opened credit accounts, requested a tax refund, or even laid out plans for your future, like buying a house. All are important to catch before they happen.
- Legal Aid: If, in the unfortunate chance that someone gets your personal information and commits fraud, you may be held liable for any debt they incur. This is where a lawyer comes in handy to help you fight this or clear your name completely. All these services are provided when you sign up, making it a great value.
- Identity Theft Protection Coverage: They offer a comprehensive plan for identity theft, including medical, legal, and financial aid. One of the most valuable parts of this coverage is that it covers any necessary expenses incurred when trying to clear your name or repair the damage done to your credit report by someone else’s fraud.
In addition to these, they also offer a wide range of services such as:
- In-house investigation
- Unlimited identity restoration services
- Bank account monitoring
- Payday loan monitoring
- Dark web surveillance
- Credit report disputes
- Court records and bookings
- Sex offender alerts
- Social Security Number Monitoring
Plans and Pricing: How Much Does IDShield Cost?
Given that there is a great need to protect your identity and users have varying needs, IDShield offers different plans. As you may expect, some slight variations in their services and pricing exist.
But most importantly, they offer plans suitable for individuals and others ideal for families. The latter also covers your spouse and up to ten dependent children.
Their service starts from $13.95 for an individual plan to $32.95 for a family plan covering your spouse and up to 10 dependent children. All IDShield plans are as follows:
- 1 Bureau (individual): For this plan, you will only incur $14.95 monthly, and you’ll get a host of services, including coverage, credit monitoring, and unlimited consultation.
- 3 Bureau (individual): This plan costs $19.95 each month. In addition to Transunion, it also comes with Equifax and Experian credit monitoring and fraud alerts.
- 1 Bureau (Family): For only $29.95, you and your family of up to ten dependent children get identity protection.
- 3 Bureau (Family): Costs $34.95 a month and offers similar services to the other family plan but also includes Equifax and Experian credit monitoring and fraud alerts.
With each of the plans, you’ll get a $1 million identity theft protection coverage that covers any expenses incurred while clearing your name or repairing the damage done to your credit report by someone else’s fraud.
Is IDShield Worth It?
Relying on its powerful app and comprehensive services, IDShield offers top-notch data protection services. Undoubtedly, there are several options when it comes to identity theft protection. So, why should you choose them as your provider?
- Get Unlimited Consulting: Whether day or night, you are always welcome to present your security concerns, for which you’ll get prompt service.
- 12-Month Credit Score Tracking: Given that your credit score significantly affects your ability to access credit, IDShield monitors it yearly.
- Court Records and Bookings: Should you need to go to court over an identity theft case, they will assist you in accessing court records and making bookings.
- Inhouse Investigation: As reliable as the police are, identity theft cases are not on their priority list. To help catch perpetrators, the company has in-house investigators.
- Identity Restoration- If you are a victim of identity fraud, IDSheild will help you restore and protect your finances and reputation.
- 24/7 Credit Monitoring and Alerts- Once you subscribe to a plan, you’ll get credit monitoring every day. In addition, should there be any suspicious activity, you’ll get an alert via the app.
How to Get Started with IDShield
While the app is relatively easy to use, signing up and getting access to everything requires a little effort. However, considering how much time and money you could save down the road will be worth it in the long run.
You’ll have to go through the following steps:
- Register on their website to get an IDShield login
- Select a plan and choose your preferred payment method
- Submit your information
It’s as simple and fast as that. Overall, getting started is easy if you have any experience with online services.