What are debt relief services for? Climbing out of the chasm of debt can be one of the greatest challenges of your life. It seems like each time you put your head down, scramble hand over hand and foot over foot for months at a time, only to look up to see you’re no closer to the rim than when you began your climb. That chasm feels just as deep as when you started.
And just like a real-life climber, you’re stressed, you’re exhausted, you’re tapping every reserve you have to keep on climbing. You’re almost ready to give up. Just as you’re at the breaking point, you need a climbing buddy or guide to steer you up the cliff face, to help you chart the best route out of the canyon. This is the point when you need a debt relief specialist to guide you toward the firm footing of financial stability.
CuraDebt has been guiding these types of expeditions for 19 years for both individuals and small businesses, to the tune of helping nearly 200,000 customers clear their debt. Learn more about how they can help you summit the depths of your debts.
Chances are if you are struggling this much with debt, you have more than $10,000 in unsecured debt. Unsecured debt refers to debts that are not backed up by something of value, such as a house or car. Types of unsecured debt could be credit card debt, medical bills, private student loans, payday loans, etc.
You’ve probably been paying the minimum each month and finally realized that just like that climber, you’re not making any headway toward your goal.
Debt settlement offers you the opportunity to dramatically reduce the amount of money you owe to your creditors, bringing that rim down closer to you. A company offering debt relief services can help you with that.
CuraDebt’ debt relief services involve a two-step process:
- First, their specialists review not only your debts, but also the behavior of your creditors. If any of their collection techniques have violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act, you could be eligible for a cash award and the waiver of some portion of your debt, even up to 100 percent. This is an important step in your debt relief process because it carries the weight of federal law behind it, so it ensures you are being treated fairly by your creditors, or it levees severe punishment against them.
- The second step is to negotiate with your remaining creditors to lower your principal and/or interest rates. Oftentimes, companies are willing to take a smaller return if they have the assurance that reduced debt will be paid off in a timely fashion. CuraDebt’s two decades in business have created relationships with many creditors across the country, so their negotiators leverage those relationships to your benefit by directly reducing your debt and creating a pathway to a quicker payoff.
Tax Debt Relief Services
The scariest debt you’re most likely to deal with is federal or state tax debt. The IRS has the most powerful collection tools at its disposal, so you would be well served to have professional debt relief services available in dealing with your tax debt.
CuraDebt takes a three-step approach in their tax debt relief services:
- Full Investigation: CuraDebt’s tax professionals, many with experience working for the IRS or state tax agencies, will have access to your master tax files so they can review your full tax history. They will determine first that you really owe all of the taxes the IRS or state seeks to collect. They also will review all penalties to determine if they were applied inappropriate. Third, they will learn if a statue of limitations has passed so the agencies may no longer have the right to seek taxes from you. This step also determines the best course forward once your exact tax liabilities have been established. The IRS and state agencies normally offer several payment options, so they will recommend which course fits best with your financial situation.
- Ensure Compliance: If the investigation has determined you have missed filings or have filing with mistakes, they will file missing returns and amended returns for ones determined to have mistakes. Sometimes this can actually lead to a refund, particularly in states that will file an estimated return on your behalf if you failed to file.
- Implement the Plan: Finally, CuraDebt will implement that plan agreed to between you, CuraDebt and the taxing agency to pay off your debt as quickly as financially possible with the least amount of penalties and interest.
CuraDebt understands that climbing out of that chasm of debt can be almost impossible on your own. Their debt relief services may offer you an opportunity to put your debt behind you and allow you to become fully grounded in financial stability.