Marcus by Goldman Sachs Personal Loans Overview
Get a personal with a recognize award-winning lender with no pre-payment or sign-up fees. Review your loan options today.
What Makes Them Great?
With Marcus by Goldman Sachs , you are working with experienced and reliable professionals in the banking industry. They offer personal loans tailored to a variety of needs, including debt consolidation, home improvement, and even weddings. Loans range from $3,500 to $40,000 with an APR of 6.99% to 29.99%, based on the applicant’s information and loan term length. Unlike many banks, Goldman Sachs does not charge application fees, prepayment fees, or late fees, which is a refreshing change.
Their online application process is easy to navigate, and you can submit an inquiry before you formally apply, so your credit will not be affected. This can be especially helpful if you are exploring personal loan options with more than one banking institution.
Do I Qualify?
In order to qualify for a Goldman Sachs personal loan, you will need to be able to prove your creditworthiness, and they lean heavily on information from your credit report. Goldman Sachs will accept applications from customers 18 and older (19 in Alabama and 21 in Mississippi and Puerto Rico), with a current U.S. bank account and a Social Security or Individual Tax ID Number.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you consider applying for a Goldman Sachs personal loan:
- Credit Score: Goldman Sachs takes a traditional approach to loan applications, so your credit history will have a significant effect on your loan application. If your credit is above average and your accounts are in good standing, you are more likely to be considered a sound investment.
- Recent Inquiries: If you are applying for a personal loan through multiple banks, keep in mind that credit inquiries will reflect poorly on your application. Multiple recent queries indicate to the bank that you may be in financial trouble. To avoid throwing up this red flag, obtain information on personal loans through “soft” inquiries that do not affect your credit report, and once you decide on a loan, submit one formal application.
- Income vs. Debt: Goldman Sachs will require your current income amount, and they will check this against the debt reflected on your credit report. The bank wants to be sure that you can afford to repay the loan, and high debt compared to income raises the risk of default.
- Defaults or Late Payments: A history of defaults or late payments on your credit report, will negatively affect your ability to procure a personal loan. Before you apply for a loan, check your credit report in detail to be sure that you do not have any outstanding debts. If so, rehabilitate those debts so that they are in good standing before you submit your loan application.
- Credit and Loan History: Insufficient credit history can be just as difficult to surmount as poor credit. Goldman Sachs will take into consideration whether you have previously obtained an installment loan or other credit history. If you do not have a record of regular payments on prior loans, consider opening a smaller account to build your credit history.
Like most banks, Goldman Sachs wants be sure that their loan will be repaid, which means strict credit and income requirements for personal loans. Customers who have a reliable income, good credit, and a history of timely payments on prior installment loans are the best candidates for a personal loan with Goldman Sachs.
How Do I Work With Them?
Marcus by Goldman Sachs has made the application process for personal loans simple and easy, with an online form to find your personal loan option. Once you have received your loan options, you can select the best loan for your needs and submit a formal application. This application will be reflected as an inquiry on your credit report. Goldman Sachs will require proof of income and any savings or investment account information included in your application, so be sure to have your financial paperwork handy. The application process is quick and painless, and you will receive your rejection or acceptance within minutes.
All in all, a personal loan through Goldman Sachs is a reliable and low-cost option for customers who have good to excellent credit and a reliable source of income. Here is what we like most about Goldman Sachs personal loans:
- Simple Online Application
- No Fees for application, prepayment, or late payments
- Quick Loan Turnaround, within 1-4 business days after your application is accepted
- Reliable Expertise from a well-known banking industry leader
OK, Let’s Get Started
For more information on Marcus at Goldman Sachs personal loans, or to apply, visit their website today.
- Get your loan with no fees
- Borrow from a reputable lender
- Become a member to access lower interest rates
- Be rewarded for keeping up with payments