Another of the big three credit reporting bureaus, Experian offers one-time free monthly credit reports from their data, with paid membership options for additional monitoring and protection.
Use Experian’s free credit report service to access a monthly update of your credit report, via desktop or through their free mobile app. While you can order scores and reports on-demand, if you are looking for added protection, you can upgrade to the Experian CreditWorks® membership that gets you daily monitoring services and scores and reports from all three bureaus. CreditWorks also includes CreditLock®, which allows you to lock your credit report at any time, from anywhere. Try the IdentityWorks® service to get these benefits plus daily scanning of any of your personal information that may show up online. You’ll also get protection and coverage if you lose your wallet and help to resolve fraud if it is detected.
Experian is perfect for people who want to access FICO® scores on demand, with reports available from all three credit reporting bureaus.
In fact, the biggest perk of Experian is that you can get your scores and reports just when you want them. If you’re monitoring your own credit, simple—or zero—fees reduce the need for ongoing subscriptions.
As an additional perk, with IdentityWorks, you can protect your whole family with tiered membership levels that allow you to cover up to 10 children. That means no one in your family is susceptible to fraud.
- Sign up for a one-month trial of Experian CreditWorks® for only $4.99. After the trial ends, you’ll pay $24.99 a month for a subscription, which can be canceled at any time.
- If you’re just looking to check your scores and reports, you can get reports from all three bureaus for $39.95.
- If you want the IdentityWorks® service, you can try a free 30-day trial (credit card required), and monthly costs are $9.99 for the Plus level or $19.99 for the Premium level. Families can opt for plans starting at $14.99 a month that monitor both adults and children.
Ease of Registration: Sign up is easy, as you’ll only need to enter your personal information. However, for the free trial, you will need to provide credit card information—and cancel before the trial period ends if you don’t want it.
Mobile friendly: Yes
Bottom line: Keep up-to-date with your credit reports, or know where you always stand with Experian’s credit monitoring and theft protection services.
- New Experian credit report available every 30 days
- Ability to monitor your Experian credit report with alerts
- Toll-free support available 7 days a week
- Fraud alerts available to add to your credit report
- No credit card required